linzhall

Thoughts from a bookaholic

I don't just love to read, I HAVE to read - I am on a never-ending quest to find books that I connect with on some level. Finding a book with the "sticking power" to be remembered long after its been read is something I so rarely find, that it has become an obsession.

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) - Abbi Glines Loved this book and totally fell in love with Preston and Amanda. My only complaint is that it seemed like some of the plot/character development got cut short, skimmed over or forgotten. The book was engaging and touching, but there were a ton of scenes with huge potential to move this book from being a pretty good read to a really powerful read - the kind you never forget.

It'd be awesome if Glines continued this story in a second book that tapped into all that potential. For whatever reason, this one didn't come with the nicely wrapped up ending of her previous works - this is the only one that's left me wanting more and still thinking about the characters after finishing the book...I want to know if Preston and Amanda are able to overcome Amanda's mother, I want to know if Preston ever comes to terms with his own mother and upbringing, I want to know if Preston's siblings are able to cope with their new life and old life, I want to know if Marcus finds out about Preston's old job and what kind of impact it has on their lives, I want to know if Amanda is really able to deal with Preston and all of his baggage once the infatuation phase wears off...so many questions still hanging around...