linzhall

Thoughts from a bookaholic

I don't just love to read, I HAVE to read - I am on a never-ending quest to find books that I connect with on some level. Finding a book with the "sticking power" to be remembered long after its been read is something I so rarely find, that it has become an obsession.
Sweet Peril - Wendy Higgins pretty good follow-up to the original, but I do think it fell into the trap of being a series "filler" novel rather than its own stand out piece. We at least saw some movement with the kaiden situation, though the whole "maintaining her virtue for the sword" seems kind of stupid in light of all the other bad stuff she's partaking in...but I guess since it's ya the whole virginity issue has to be a big deal. Which normally I get, but it seems awfully forced in this series considering that just about all of the main characters were literally born, trained, and actively "work" at corrupting souls through participation in all sorts of sinful activity...is loosing your virginity really as bad as snorting an 8-ball of coke?